Try this delicious sweet curried chicken paired with Indian yoghurt and rice!
Ingredients (serves 3, adjust amounts accordingly):
- 3 chicken breasts
- 100g mango chutney
- ¼ pot of Tikka masala spice paste (65g)
- 225g dried basmati rice
- Veg of your choice (broccoli, peas)
- 250g Natural yoghurt
- ½ Cucumber
- ½ Red onions
- Cube chicken breasts, combine in bowl with spice paste and mango chutney. Mix until fully covered, then stick in fridge for half an hour to an hour to marinade.
- While waiting for chicken to marinade, finely chop cucumber and red onion into small cubes and measure out natural yoghurt, combine in a bowl with generous grinds of salt and pepper and put in fridge for later, this is your Indian yoghurt.
- Measure out 225g of dried rice.
- Once ready, remove chicken from fridge and cook in a frying pan over a medium low heat.
- Add boiling water to rice and cook as instructed by packet.
- Stir chicken frequently, cook for around 15 minutes before checking whether cooked through.
- Cooks veg of your choice as required.
- Once rice is cooked, chicken is cooked through and you veg is done, plate up alongside the Indian yoghurt.
Macro breakdown per serving…
Calories – 600kcal
Carbs – 92g
Fats – 11.4g
Protein – 60g
Give it a try and tag us in your cooking attempts – READY, STEADY…COOK!