Vegetables in this recipe can be swapped out for any veg you have that needs using up!
Ingredients (serves 1, adjust amounts accordingly):
- 1 whole red, yellow or green pepper
- 30g wholegrain rice
- 1tsp olive oil
- ¼ large white onion (about 30g)
- 1/3 courgette (about 40g)
- 60g kale
- 30g sultanas
- 10 pine nuts
- 1 tbsp feta cheese
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
- Preheat the oven to 200oc/Gas mark 6/180oc fan.
- Place the rice into a pan and add double the volume of water. Bring to the boil then turn down to a low simmer cooking with a lid on for 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the onion then add to a pan with the olive oil. Cook until softened.
- Wash the vegetables.
- Halve and de-seed the pepper then set aside.
- Chop or grate the courgetti and set aside.
- Finely chop the kale and set aside.
- Drain the rice once cooked.
- In a bowl, mix together the onion, courgette, kale and sultanas with the drained rice, season with salt and pepper and add your favourite chopped herbs if liked.
- Place the pepper halves in a greased oven-proof dish so they fit snuggly.
- Carefully fill the pepper halves with the rice mix and top with the pine nuts and crumble over the feta cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes – check half way and cover with foil if the sultanas and pine nuts are browning too quickly.
Macros breakdown per serving…
Calories – 290kcal
Carbs – 52.6g
Fat – 5.9g
Protein – 9.3g
4 of your 5 a day
Give it a try and tag us in your cooking attempts – READY, STEADY…COOK!