Try this super healthy and colourful meal which includes 3 of your 5 a day!
Ingredients (serves 2, adjust amounts accordingly):
- 1tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 pepper, chopped
- ½ tin beans of your choice, drained (I used butter beans)
- 14 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 slice seeded sourdough bread
- Gently heat the olive oil in a small pan.
- Add the chopped garlic letting it soften but taking care not to let it over-brown, then add in the smoked paprika and stir for 30 seconds.
- Next, add the chopped peppers and cherry tomatoes stirring gently as they begin to gently soften and brown.
- Finally, add the beans and let it all gently simmer adding salt and pepper to your taste.
- Meanwhile, toast your sourdough and, once the beans are fully heated through, just pop them on top of your toast and enjoy.
For a deeper flavour (if you have more time), roast the peppers and cherry tomatoes in a little oil before adding to the recipe.
Macros breakdown per serving …
Calories – 368kcal
Carbs – 56.2g
Fat – 9.3g
Protein – 15.14g
Also 3 of your 5 a day!
Give it a try and tag us in your cooking attempts – READY, STEADY…COOK!