Try this soup for a warming lunch, add the cheesy garlic bread for a treat!
Ingredients (serves 4 – adjust accordingly)
For the soup
- 2 red peppers, core removed and cut into 8
- 1 shallot, peeled and diced
- 600g ripe tomatoes, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 50ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 500ml vegetable stock
For the garlic bread
- 4 thick slices white bread
- 60g garlic butter, softened (made by roasting half a bulb of garlic – squeezing out the cloves and then blitzing with 200g butter and half a bunch of parsley)
- 200g cheddar cheese, grated
- A drizzle of cream/a drizzle of olive oil/torn basil
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Place the peppers, shallot, tomatoes, garlic and chilli onto a baking tray drizzle in olive oil season then roast for 1 hour
- When done, carefully tip into a blender, add the warmed stock and blitz. Pop into a pan and warm through.
- Meanwhile, for the garlic bread, toast the bread slightly. Then spread over the garlic butter then top with cheese and grill until bubbling.
- To serve, ladle the soup into warm bowls, drizzle with olive oil and basil and serve with the cheesy garlic bread.
Macro breakdown per serving…
Calories – 153kcal soup / 382kcal garlic bread (535kcal total)
Carbs – 8.6g soup / 13.4g garlic bread (22g total)
Fat – 12g soup / 29.3g garlic bread (41.3g total)
Protein – 2g soup / 15.5g garlic bread (17.5g total)
Give it a try and tag us in your cooking attempts – READY, STEADY…COOK!