Try this delicious pasta dish that is a great vegetarian option!
Ingredients (serves 2, adjust amounts accordingly):
- 2 garlic cloves
- 200g linguine
- 150g portobello mushrooms
- 30g 3 seed mix
- 80g mature cheddar
- 40g basil
- 80g chestnut mushrooms
- Preheat the grill to a high heat, then boil a kettle.
- Rip the portobello and chestnut mushrooms into bite-sized pieces onto a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil then season generously with salt and pepper.
- Put the tray directly under the grill and cook for 12-15 min or until they’re caramelised.
- Add the 3 seed mix to a large pot over a high heat and cook for 1-2 min or until toasted.
- Once toasted, set aside on a plate.
- Return the pot to a high heat and add the linguine with plenty of boiled water with a pinch of salt, bring to the boil over a high heat and cook for 8-12 min or until cooked.
- Once cooked, drain and reserve a cup of the starchy cooking water for later.
- Meanwhile, peel and finely chop (or grate) the garlic. Chop the basil finely, including the stalks . Grate the cheddar cheese finely.
- Grind the chopped basil, chopped garlic and a pinch of salt in a pestle & mortar to form a smooth paste. Add 2-3 tbsp olive oil and mix thoroughly.
- Add the grated cheese to the basil with 2-3 tbsp olive oil. Season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Return the drained linguine to the pot with a splash of your reserved starchy water.
- Stir the pesto and half of the caramelised mushrooms through and cook for 1 min or until the pesto has coated the pasta and the cheese has melted.
- Serve the linguine in bowls and garnish with the toasted 3 seed mix. Top with the remaining caramelised mushrooms.
Macro breakdown per serving…
Calories – 598kcal
Carbs – 76.0g
Fat – 22.3g
Protein – 27.0g
Give it a try and tag us in your cooking attempts – READY, STEADY…COOK!