Try this dish that is great for bulking and has delicious flavours!
Ingredients (serves 4, adjust accordingly):
- 500g chicken breast
- 500g spaghetti/penne pasta
- 300ml double cream
- 250g spinach
- 300g cherry tomatoes
- 250g grated mozzarella
- 2tbsp olive oil
- White onion
- Italian seasoning
- 2 x garlic cloves
- Chilli flakes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- Chop chicken breast into small cubes, add oil to a large pan and heat before adding chicken. Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Dice white onion, and add to cooking chicken, continue to fry off chicken until cooked and onion becomes translucent.
- Add garlic, chilli flakes, salt and pepper to chicken and stir in before adding double cream, a splash of pasta water, and pesto. Again stir through before adding Italian seasoning.
- Wash and add spinach and tomatoes, it’ll seem like the pan is extremely full, but the spinach will wilt down.
- Finally, add your mozzarella and stir through, thickening the sauce and creating a stringy yet creamy sauce.
- You’re now finished, serve up as meal prep or for the family!
Macro breakdown per serving…
Calories – 1343kcal
Carbs – 100.3g
Fat – 72.9g
Protein – 69.1g
3 of your 5 a day (onion, spinach, cherry tomatoes = 3 of your 5 a day)
Give it a try and tag us in your cooking attempts – READY, STEADY…COOK!