Get ready to feel that core burn with this little circuit!
BUTTERFLY SIT UP
PLANK TOE TAPS
1 MINUTE EACH X 2 ROUNDS
- Lay back flat on floor, bringing your legs up to 90 degrees and fingers to your temples
- Lift one shoulder blade off the floor and across taking your elbow to the opposite knee
- At the same time extend your other leg out as straight as you can
- Bring it back to the starting position and repeat on the other side
- Lay flat on floor with your legs either at 90 degrees or straight up with feet towards the ceiling
- Place your hands underneath your lower back for support and keep your back in contact throughout the movement
- Extend one leg out as straight as you can hovering it just above the floor, bring back up and repeat on the other side
- If that is too easy then try extending both legs down at the same time – control the whole movement!
Butterfly sit up
- Place the soles of your feet together
- Lower your upper body down to the floor taking the arms above your head
- Use your core to pull yourself back up to the starting position trying to keep your feet on the floor
- Come down onto knees and get into table top position
- Extend legs so toes and elbows are planted on floor
- Engage your core and squeeze the glutes
- Keep your elbows stacked under shoulders, and your body in a straight line
- Make sure those hips don’t creep up!
- Get into standard plank hold position on elbows
- Squeeze glutes and engage abs
- Move from elbows up onto your palms (press-up position) and then back to elbows
- Alternate your leading arm
Plank toe taps
- Start in a standard plank hold position on elbows
- Squeeze glutes and engage abs to maintain a strong plank position throughout the body
- Tap one leg out to the side as far as possible, then back to the middle
- Repeat on the other side and keep going!
COMPLETE EACH MOVE FOR 1 MINUTE AND REPEAT TWICE THROUGH
Let us know how you find it and tag us on social media in your sweaty selfies after this one!