This Chilli Shrimp Linguine is a simple and healthy dish that won’t have you spending hours in the kitchen preparing it. It also has a good balance of macronutrients (carbs, fats and proteins).
Ingredients (serves 1 – adjust amounts to serve more):
- 80g dried linguine
- Handful sliced tenderstem broccoli
- 2tsp olive oil
- 1 clove crushed & peeled garlic
- 1/2 red chilli finely chopped
- 100g halved cherry tomatoes
- 175g deveined raw king prawns
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the linguine and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced broccoli, cook for a further 2 minutes then drain, reserving a little of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and chilli, fry for 2 minutes then increase the heat and add the tomatoes.
- Cook for 3 minutes until softened then add the prawns.
- Cook for a couple of minutes until the prawns have all turned pink then tip in the linguine, broccoli and a splash of the cooking water.
- Toss everything together then tip into a bowl and enjoy!
Macro breakdown per serving…
Calories – 450 kcals
Carbs – 36.6g
Fats – 14.3g
Protein – 43.7g
Give it a try and tag us in your cooking attempts – READY, STEADY…COOK!