Try this quick and easy recipe that includes 3 of your 5 a day!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- Medium white onion
- Red pepper
- Yellow pepper
- Garlic cloves (2)
- 150g white rice
- 2x Large eggs
- Sesame oil
- Soy sauce
- Fry light spray
- Cajun seasoning
- Chinese 5 spice
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- Cook rice according to packet instructions, salt the rice
- Whilst rice is cooking, finely dice onion, chop peppers and mince garlic, heat a large frying pan with some fry light oil (5-6 sprays) and chuck in onions and garlic.
- Fry on a med-high temperature until onion begins to brown, then turn down heat to a med-low temperature, add the peppers and continue frying for about 5 minutes.
- Add 1tbsp of Cajun seasoning, 1 level tsp of Chinese 5 spice and a pinch of salt to the vegetables and stir in until covered and continue frying.
- Once rice is cooked, add straight into the frying pan, and stir through until veg and spices are combined with the rice.
- Push rice to one side, add 2 more spray of fry light to the other side of the pan, and crack your eggs into this space. Scramble the eggs and add some soy sauce to both the eggs and the rice.
- Keep mixing the eggs until almost cooked completely through, then stir into the rice.
- Drizzle a little sesame oil over the top of the rice, and then stir in and fry over a low heat for a further 5 minutes.
- Plate up and add more soy sauce/ Sriracha depending on how you like your rice.
Macro breakdown per serving…
Calories – 446kcal
Carbs – 74.5g
Fat – 11.4g
Protein – 17.8g
3 of your 5 a day (½ an onion, ½ a red pepper and ½ a yellow pepper = 3 of your 5 a day)
Give it a try and tag us in your cooking attempts – READY, STEADY…COOK!