No equipment needed for this workout but that doesn’t make it an easy one!
ALTERNATE REVERSE LUNGE
30 SECONDS OF EACH X 3 ROUNDS
- Start with your feet slightly wider than hip width apart and little toes very slightly pointing outwards
- Imagine that you are going to sit down on a low chair behind you – bending the knees and drop the hips down until your knees are bent at around a 90 degree angle
- Keep your head and chest up, core tight and knees following the line of your toes as you lower
- Drive up to standing and squeeze your glutes
- Once back standing, repeat this move for your next rep
- Perform a normal squat – dropping your hips down, keeping your head and chest up whilst ensuring your knees follow the line of your toes slightly out
- From the bottom position of the squat explode up to a jump so both feet leave the floor
- Land softly on the balls of your feet and then transition smoothly straight down into your next rep
- Feel those quads burn and repeat for your next rep!
- Start standing up tall with both feet together
- Take a big step back with one foot maintaining hip width with your feet position
- Lower yourself until both knees are bent around a 90 degree – keep your core engaged and body upright
- Drive your weight into the heel of your front foot to stand back up tall in the starting position
- Repeat on the other side and keep alternating!
- Perform a normal lunge as above
- From the bottom position explode up into a jump and switch your legs in mid air so your other foot is now back
- Land softly and catch the impact – dropping it down to a lunge on the other side, again 90 degree bend in both knees
- Take your time to ensure good form with each rep and feel the burn!
COMPLETE EACH MOVE FOR 30 SECONDS, REST AND REPEAT 3 X THROUGH – FEEL THE BURN!
Let us know how you find it and tag us on social media in your sweaty selfies after this one!