Try this healthy recipe for approximately £3.50 per portion with less than 30mins to make it!
Ingredients (serves 2, adjust amounts accordingly):
- 100g couscous
- 200 ml hot vegetable stock/chicken stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh herbs (thyme, parsley) – handful
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- Fresh Red or Green Chilli (optional)
- 2 small Salmon Fillets
- 3 leeks – sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp olive oil/sesame oil (if no allergies)
- Handful of sliced mushrooms
- Put Couscous in a bowl and stir in the stock and oil and cover with a plate for 10 mins.
- Uncover, fluff couscous up with a fork and add herbs & lemon zest.
- Heat oven to 180C fan. Take 2 large sheets of non-stick baking paper, then divide the couscous between the paper and sprinkle on the chilli if using.
- Sit each salmon fillet on the couscous and season. Fold paper over and make a parcel.
- Put the parcels onto a baking tray and bake for 15 mins or until the fish feels firm through the paper. Serve in the parcel or transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve with sautéed leeks and mushrooms or any vegetable (your choice)
Macros breakdown per serving…
Calories – 504kcal
Carbs – 39g
Fat – 24g
Protein – 36g
Give it a try and tag us in your cooking attempts – READY, STEADY…COOK!