Check out Alfie’s favourite pancake recipe – very simple to make and extremely healthy!
Top Tip: Instead of using flour and baking soda to make your beloved pancakes, try using bananas. Using a banana will significantly reduce the number of calories you will be eating, and you will gain all the nutritional benefits of eating a banana.
What you will need…..
- Protein Powder (Optional)
- Oatmeal (Optional)
- Berries of any sort (Optional)
- Fry Light oil
- Prepare a medium sized, non-stick pan on a hob with the heat on about halfway
- For every 1 banana, you will need 2 eggs
- Break apart banana with hands into the bowl
- Using a fork try to break apart the banana into a thick liquid
- Add the 2 eggs
- Using an electric whisk or the fork whisk together the egg and banana until a thinner liquid is formed
- Add a dash of milk and whisk in
Optional: Add a flavoured protein powder in and/or oatmeal
- Spray an even covering of fry light oil onto pan
- Pour a small amount of pancake mix onto pan and move pan around to get even covering
- Using a rubber spatula, turn pancake over
- Repeat, then stack pancakes on plate. Add honey
Optional: Add berries while cooking to have them hot or add them on top at the end.
- This will make around 3 pancakes
- Don’t add too much milk as it will thin out the mixture too much
- Experiment and see which way you have your pancakes!
Enjoy and let us know what you think!